Well, it's finally been one full week and weekend since I have gotten back into Book Review Blogging. I have been busy networking with authors and publishers, getting my blog back up and running, and switching to Blogspot. I have also been helping my husband (who works full time) do some of the legwork needed for him to get back into Book Review Blogging.
Not to mention we've had Christmas! We had an awesome Christmas, and savored every minute we spent with our families. I have family coming in today, and we still have yet to see some of my family - we'll see them Thursday - so the festivities continue for us!
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I got back into the swing of blogging, but 13 books in a week wasn't it. The last time I did this, I received four books within one month. I must be doing something right this time, for I have more than tripled the amount of books I received, and I got them all within a week! Wow!!! The one book I am most looking forward to I didn't receive in the mail, however. My mother gave me a book I have been desperately wanting to read. It was written by my Elementary guidance counselor Ginny Dent Brant. The name of the book is Finding True Freedom: From the White House to the World. She gave this to me on Christmas Day, and I absolutely cannot wait to read this book! I will be reading it and reviewing it before I move on to the other books I will be reviewing.
Here is the list of books I received in the mail this week:
- No Greater Love, More than Conquerers, and Red Ink by Kathi Macias
- Tender Vow by Sharlene MacLaren
- Rebekah's Journey by Ann Bell
- Come Home, Joe and Sleepy Valley by Tim Callahan
- Wanted: Gentleman Bank Robber by Dane Batty
- Magog Rising and Distant Thunder by Jimmy Root, Jr.
- Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner
- Chasing Miracles by John F. Crowley
- The Words of Extraordinary Women by Carolyn Warner